A reminder that residents submissions for the Draft Concept Plans, presented at the recent community forums, are due to be lodged today. Although, as mentioned by Aiden Mullen at the Elsternwick Forum, some leeway will be granted for late submissions.
The Draft Concept Plans for Bentleigh, Carnegie and Elsternwick Activity Centres all feature
- expansion of the centre boundaries and significant changes to height limits (particularly for newly defined Urban Renewal Areas and Strategic Sites)
- no strategic justification for these changes
- scant detailed information on expected population densities, government targets and
- no information on the planning tools to be implemented to achieve desired outcomes
Regardless of whether or not you attended a Forum, GERA urges all residents to lodge a submission either today or early next week.
The changes are significant and have far reaching implications for all residents who live in, nearby or frequent these activity centres. Likewise for the “lesser” Neighbourhood/Local Centres which, although yet to be reviewed are more than likely to experience similar expansions and height increases.
Details of Draft Concept Plans and a copy of GERA’s submission* are available
This could be your last chance to express your views/concerns.
Submissions may be lodged via either
- the online feedback form – refer above or
- email – email@example.com (be sure to include an appropriate subject heading) or
- mail – City Futures Department, Glen Eira Council, PO Box 42, Caulfield South 3162,
*The GERA submission is presented as “food for thought” – residents are free to amend or copy comments should they wish to do so.